Dash in the Dark 5K
Are you faster than a zombie? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE at our Zombie 5K each October. Come jog on our garden trails, around ponds and through an arboretum while being chased by infectious and creepy zombies. It is an event you won't want to miss!
October 21, 2016
6:00 pm Race Check-In
USU Botanical Center
920 South 50 West, Kaysville
Tickets are $20, with a $5 discount for Garden Members and USU Alumni, and a $10 discount for high school cross country runners. The event is open to ages 12 and older and welcomes those of any athletic ability. Halloween costumes are encouraged, but optional.
Each participant will receive a t-shirt and goody bag. A "zombie survival party" follows the race with a DJ, food vendors and other activities including a zombie target practice. Don't miss this opportunity to dance and take pictures with zombies! The money raised supports garden development.
Not up to running a 5K? Join in the fun as a volunteer! We need volunteers both living and undead.
A few Zombie details:
- Zombies must be 16 years of age or older
- All Zombies will be required to sign a waiver and a behavior agreement form
- Zombies should come dressed in zombie attire and makeup
- If you need makeup, plan to arrive at 4:30 pm and makeup will be provided
- Zombie training will be held in the Utah House, 920 South 50 West, Kaysville
- As a zombie volunteer, you will receive a t-shirt and pizza at the training!
NOTE: This is a fun run 5k that will take place on uneven trails constructed of road base, gravel and dirt at the USU Botanical Center.