Frequently Asked Questions
What time are you open?
• The Grass Garden, the Varga Arboretum and the Ponds at the Utah Botanical Center are open from dawn to dusk.
• The Utah House, a sustainable building demonstration, is open from 1 - 5 pm Monday through Friday and from 10 - 2 pm on Saturdays. Closed on Sundays.
• The Wetland Discovery Point is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-4 pm from May through the end of September.
• The Greenhouse is available for scheduled tours, for an appointment, please call 801-593-8969.
Can someone look at my sick tree or plant and tell me what is wrong with it?
• Call the Gardening Hotline, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in from April through May from 9 - noon. The phone number is 801-451-3412.
• Or bring a specimen to the Diagnostic Clinic held at the Wetland Discovery Point on Tuesdays, 1-4 pm, May - September.
Where can I go to get my soil tested?
• Soil test kits are available, free of charge, at the USU Davis County Extension Office at 28 East State Street in Farmington. The kits include a pre-addressed box for your soil sample, which will need to be mailed to the USU Soils Lab in Logan. The cost of the test ranges from $10-$14.
• Or, click here, to learn how to take soil samples, the USU Soils Lab mailing address and the proper forms.
Do you rent any of your buildings?
• Yes, we have four different spaces available, for all rental information, please click here.
I have a group of youth that are looking for a volunteer project. Do you have anything they could do?
• Yes, volunteering opportunities change depending on the season and current projects at the UBC. For all volunteer opportunities and information, please click here.
I am looking for an Eagle Scout project, do you have any opportunities?
• Yes, please call Shawn Olsen at 801-451-3402 for more information.
I would like to become a vendor at your Farmers Market, how do I become a vendor?
• A simple form will need to be filled out to become a vendor, for information on how to become a vendor and for the needed form, please click here.
Where can I find information about the Master Gardener Classes?
• Click here or call the Davis County Extension Office at 801-451-3412.
Can I put a boat on the UBC ponds?
• Non-motorized water crafts are allowed on the ponds, but must be carried to the ponds from the parking lot, as there is no ramp or dock.
Can I fish at the ponds?
• Yes, our ponds are stocked with Largemouth Bass, Bluegill and Channel Catfish for fishing rules and additional information about the ponds, click here.