The Utah State University Botanical Center is dedicated to building a more sustainable Utah through community education. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other community-minded individuals, make new friends, and help support an important educational resource.
- Meet fun and interesting people
- Increase your knowledge
- Contribute to the community
- Variety of volunteer schedules
- Enthusiasm for learning (training provided)
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Master Gardener Volunteer Program
For more information contact Stacie Stone (435) 919-1323.
Wings & Water Fourth Grade Naturalist Guides
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during the months of April, May, September, and October. Conduct field trips for 4th graders from around the Wasatch Front. Teach topics like water, plants, animals, and soil to help students gain appreciation for the Great Salt Lake wetlands. Contact Hope Braithwaite to volunteer. Learn More
Tuesday mornings, April through fall, learn from our garden expert while helping out in the water-wise landscape.
Special Event Volunteers
- To volunteer for the USUBC Farmers Market, contact Jayne Mulford (435) 919-1265
- To volunteer for Baby Animal Days, contact Susie Jones (801) 399-8201
Community Group Opportunities
We are happy to help identify a project for your group or scout. Some examples of past projects include:
- Picking up litter around our ponds to ensure a healthy ecosystem and help control pollutants.
- Building and installing bat houses around the property.
- Flag pole installation.
- Building wooden benches for events
For more information about community group volunteering, contact: