The Utah State University Botanical Center is dedicated to building a more sustainable Utah through community education. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other community-minded individuals, make new friends, and help support an important educational resource.
- Meet fun and interesting people
- Increase your knowledge
- Contribute to the community
- Variety of volunteer schedules
- Enthusiasm for learning (training provided)
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Tour Guides: Learn the ins and outs of the Utah House, surrounding water-wise landscape, and/or wetland areas and share your knowledge with others.
Field Trip Leaders and Assistants: Tuesday - Friday mornings during April, May and September. Help K-6 students learn about plants, energy, wildlife and wetlands.
Landscape Assistants: Tuesday mornings, April through fall, learn from our garden expert while helping out in the water-wise landscape.
Special Event Volunteers: Help with USU Botanical Center's special events including Baby Animal Days in May, the Farmers Market all summer and Pumpkin Palooza in October.
- For adult volunteer application, click here
- For Master Gardener information, contact: Sheriden Hansen ( 435) 919-1335 or Stacie Stone (435) 919-1323
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Camp Counselors: Youth between the ages of 13-18 for children's educational summer camps.
- For youth volunteer counselor application, click here
- For more information about youth volunteering, contact: Jayne Mulford (801) 919-1265 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Group Opportunities
Food Demonstration Garden: Join in on providing the local food bank with local produce by helping maintain the Food Demonstration Garden.
Pond Cleaning: To ensure that our ponds ecosystem is at its best, we work to control garbage and pollutants surrounding the ponds.
- For more information about community group volunteering, contact: Debra Thompson (435) 919-1266 or email@example.com
Scout Volunteer Opportunities
- For more information about community group volunteering, contact: Shawn Olsen (801) 451-3402 or firstname.lastname@example.org